Madison Neuropsychological Services, LLC (MNS) is seeking a psychometrist with prior experience conducting psychological and neuropsychological assessments in a vibrant private practice setting beginning in Summer 2019 (Anticipated Start-Date: July/August 2019). The practice will provide liability insurance coverage.
Madison Neuropsychological Services is located in the capital city of Wisconsin. Madison is home of the University of Wisconsin, a Big Ten school. The city is also known for its numerous lakes, gourmet restaurants, outdoor farmer markets, as well as an extensive network of parks and bike trails.
- Under psychologist supervision, administers and scores a comprehensive battery of psychological and neuropsychological tests to evaluate patient cognitive abilities, aptitudes, achievement, personality, and psychological status.
- Obtains and records detailed patient history and background information. Prepares patient charts and test materials.
- Observes behavior and reactions of individuals being tested. Documents, compiles, and reports observation findings to psychologist.
- Utilizes computerized scoring software, word processing, and database programs to prepare patient background information, summary of test results, patient participation and effort in testing, and related behavioral observations.
Requirements for the Neuropsychology Psychometrist Position
- Applicant must have obtained a bachelors degree related to the study of psychology. Preference will be given to applicants with a master’s degree.
- Availability to work 20-30 hours per week
- Increased comfort-level working in a mental health setting, with diverse patient populations
- Patient populations include: pediatric AND adult patients (ages 8-80 years of age)
- Wide-range of clinical presentations including: pediatric/adult TBI, acquired brain injury, specific learning disabilities/dyslexia/dysgraphia, neurodevelopmental issues, Intellectual disability, ADHD, ASD, FASD, mental health (anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, bipolar), behavior issues (ODD, CD, DMDD), memory concerns/dementia, as well as neurocognitive issues secondary to medical issues
- Must be willing to complete neuropsychological assessments (4-5 hours in duration independently), following the training period
- Will be required to administer assessment measures on computer and iPad platforms (Q-Interactive)
- Will be required to complete scoring for each administered battery
- Will be required to write patient background sections for reports
- Preference given to those who hold a certification through the National Association of Psychometrists
Compensation Based on Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree: $15.00 per hour
- Master’s degree (without licensure): $18.00 per hour
- Master’s degree (with licensure or certification in psychometry): $20.00 per hour
Interested candidates, should email the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of intent
- Current CV with a minimum of three professional references
- List of previously administered/interpreted psychological AND neuropsychological assessments